The Comcast wireless modem is a dual-band device that offers both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz Wi-Fi networks. The Comcast high speed cable modem provides a wireless connection with higher speed range up to 1 Gbps. The comcast xfinity modem is certified by all service Internet providers that provides fast access and downloads. The comcast xfinity cable modem supports the IPv4 and IPv6 addresses by service Internet providers.
Xfinity wireless router works with your ISP modem to expand your wireless network. Setting up the comcast xfinity modem is very easy. In this article we will discuss about comcast xfinity modem router setupprocess.
Install & activate your comcast xfinity cable modem:
The cable modem provides a connection between your cable Internet provider’s network and your computer or Wi-Fi router.
You need to connect the cable modem to your PC directly during the installation and activation process. After installation and activation, you can connect the cable modem to your Wi-Fi router. Follow the steps to setup hardware connections:
- Usea coaxial cable to connect the port ofcomcast xfinity cable modem to a cable wall outlet.
- Connect the power adapter provided in the package to the cable modem and plug in the power adapter into apower outlet.
- After that, wait for the cable modem to come online.
- Use the Ethernet cable provided in the package to connect the LAN port of cable modem to an Ethernet port of your computer.
- Turn on the computer. After you make hardware connections,wireless connection is established. Internet service is available only after you set it up with your cable Internet provider.
Set up the Comcast xfinity wireless gateway by using Comcast xfinity’s self-activation process. Before you proceed,you would be needed to collect your account number, account phone number, and login credentials.
How to setup modem and router:
Follow the steps to activate your Internet connection with Comcast XFINITY’s self-activation process:
- First of all, launch a web browser then enter the default IP address of the xfinity routeri.e. 168.100.1 or http://www.xfinity.cominto browser’s address bar.
- After that, xfinity self-activation page would be appearing in front of you. If you would not be able toreach to the xfinity self-activation page, you can visit comcast.com.
- Next, log into the administrator account by using xfinify login credentials and it would be redirecting you to comcast xfinity modem router setup wizard page.
- Setup wizard gives you detailed instructions to manage or setup your comcast xfinity modem router.Follow the instructions to setup a Wi-Fi network
- Once you connected to the wireless network, you can setup the xfinity operation mode by clicking the ‘Wireless router mode’.
- Now, Enter PPPoE, username and password provided to you by your ISP (Internet Service Provider).
- After filling the information in given fields, click ‘Save’ to save all the settings you have made.
- You have completed your comcast xfinity modem router setup
If you have any query related to comcast xfinity modem router setup, you can contact our technical experts at our toll free no or chat live with us.We hope this article will help you out to set up your modem and router.